The U Coater is a Multi Functional, revolutionary coating machine using a carbon image recognition system, which can Spot & Gloss Coat, foil in different shades of Gold, Silver, and even Hologram finishes on stocks up to 400gsm, 320mm wide x any length.
We received the U Coater dealers of the year award from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
The Uchida U Coater operates in 3 different modes:
- 1) It recognises the carbon images printed onto sheets of paper and card by toner based printers and copiers and applies particles of Gold, Silver, or Hologram foil as required to create quality, fine & solid foiled print.
- 2) It Spot coats Pictures and/or Text areas of printed work in a high gloss finish leaving the background and other images not required to be coated in their original finish.
- 3) Full coat sheets with a High Gloss finish (similar to lamination) or Matte coat.
Changing between applications is a completely clean and quick process, simply change the roll of carrier material to suit the application.
Features of the Uchida U Coater
- Economical to use – approx 9p per A4 sheet for foiled finishes
- No trimming after coating is required.
- The coating has no odour (unlike the U.V process).
- Fast set up and change over between jobs
- Paper and card stocks up to 320mm in width x any length and weights from 90 to 350gsm
- Paper coated by the U-Coater can easily be folded (unlike laminated stock)
- The U-Coater has a very small footprint for an SRA3+ machine.
- Eco Friendly – uses only 600W (approx).
- The film coating is waterproof (unlike U.V.).
- No mess or chemicals
- Easy to understand and use touch screen controls
- 240v single phase operation
- Quality lables – wine /beer/ perfume etc. bottles
- Gift lables & cards
- Wedding stationary
- Christmas and other religious cards / presentations
- Celebratory invites
- Civic and other formal invitation cards
- Business cards and staionary
- Point of sale displays
in fact virtually anything you think would be enhanced with a special coat finish.